CONSUMER RIGHTS AND ENERGY CONSUMERS' CALLS, EMAILS, LETTERS, ETC.
In 2020, the Azerbaijan Energy Regulatory Agency has handled 4101 consumer calls, emails, letters, etc. on electricity, natural gas supply, heat supply and other issues received directly and through the Ministry of Energy.
- 3176 calls, emails, letters, etc. were about electricity supply;
- 707 calls, emails, letters, etc. were about natural gas supply;
- 57 calls, emails, letters, etc. were about heat supply;
- 161 inquiries were related to other issues.
Out of 4101 energy consumer issues
- 3317 - investigated and resolved by the Agency (38 - forwarded to other government bodies for review and resolving);
- 26 - investigated and resolved jointly with the Ministry of Energy;
- 333 - under review;
- 244 - informative calls, emails, letters, etc.;
- 12 - positive feedbacks from satisfied consumers.
ELECTRICITY EQUIPMENT AND GAS SUPPLY
- AERA issued operational certificates for electrical facilities installed for outside power supply of 215 new, reconstructed construction facilities, as well as those with increased power and switching power supply circuit;
- Reviewed and approved 264 project design documentations for electrical installations of various construction facilities;
- Rejected 66 requests for approval of project design documentations for electrical facilities due to insufficient papers;
- Based on approved projects, issued 684 operational certificates for completed industrial gas pipework installation in various construction facilities;
- Reviewed and approved project design documentations for gas supply in 3690 construction facilities;
- Rejected 66 requests for approval of project design documentations for gas facilities due to insufficient papers;
- Issued 185 notices of violation on electricity and gas supply in line with the Code of Administrative Violations and ruled on 69 of them since August 2020;
- Revealed 11 cases of illegal connection to the electricity network without technical documentation;
- Tested quality condition of 80 electricity meters with the participation of “Azerenerji” OJSC and “Azerishig” OJSC engineers.
MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONAL INSPECTIONS OF NON-HOUSEHOLD CONSUMERS FINANCED FROM THE STATE BUDGET
- Carried out 219 maintenance and operational inspections to check the safety of electrical equipments, compliance with safety rules and the use of electricity;
- Carried out 212 maintenance and operational inspections to check the efficient gas consumption and safe operation of gas installations, compliance with national legislation and Gas Consumption Standards.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION TEST
- Based on the non-household consumer requests, 552 people responsible for electrical engineering including safety engineers at 114 enterprises have been tested on broad knowledge concerning the safety and health at work, technical exploitation and technical security.
- The Technical Councils received 2013 applications regarding the connection of business facilities to the electricity network. Of these applications, 2006 were resolved, 7 applications were rejected due to inconsistencies in the submitted documents. The applications were reviewed by the Technical Councils operating in 17 "ASAN service" and "ASAN Communal" centers and Khachmaz SME houses (Small and medium business houses) located in Baku and regions.