CONSUMER PROTECTION AND ENERGY CONSUMERS' CALLS, EMAILS, LETTERS, ETC.
In February 2021, the Azerbaijan Energy Regulatory Agency has handled 643 consumer calls, emails, letters, etc. on electricity, natural gas supply, heat supply and other issues received directly and through the Ministry of Energy.
- 415 calls, emails letters, etc. were about electricity supply;
- 117 calls, emails, letters, etc. were about natural gas supply;
- 11 calls, emails, letters, etc. were about heat supply;
- 100 inquiries were related to other issues.
Out of 643 energy consumer issues
- 232 - investigated and resolved by the Agency (3 - forwarded to other government bodies for review and resolving);
- 1 - investigated and resolved jointly with the Ministry of Energy;
- 316 - under review;
- 94 - informative calls, emails, letters, etc.
- 24 - positive feedbacks from satisfied consumers.
ELECTRICITY EQUIPMENT AND GAS SUPPLY
- AERA issued operational certificates for electrical facilities installed for outside power supply of 14 new, reconstructed construction facilities, as well as those with increased power and switching power supply circuit;
- Reviewed and approved 11 project design documentations for electrical installations of various construction facilities;
- Rejected 2 requests for approval of project design documentations for electrical facilities due to insufficient papers;
- Based on approved projects, issued 121 operational certificates for completed industrial gas pipework installation in various construction facilities;
- Reviewed and approved project design documentations for gas supply in 353 construction facilities;
- Rejected 1 request for approval of project design documentations for gas facilities due to insufficient papers;
- Issued and ruled on 29 notices of violation on electricity and gas supply in line with the Code of Administrative Violations;
- Revealed 2 cases of illegal connection to the electricity network without technical documentation;
- Tested quality condition of 8 electricity meters with the participation of “Azerenerji” OJSC and “Azerishig” OJSC engineers.
MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONAL INSPECTIONS OF NON-HOUSEHOLD CONSUMERS FINANCED FROM THE STATE BUDGET
- Carried out 17 maintenance and operational inspections to check the safety of electrical equipments, compliance with safety rules and the use of electricity;
- Carried out 15 maintenance and operational inspections to check the efficient gas consumption and safe operation of gas installations, compliance with
national legislation and Gas Consumption Standards.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION TEST
- Based on the non-household consumer requests, 63 people responsible for electrical engineering including safety engineers at 8 enterprises have been tested on broad knowledge concerning the safety and health at work, technical exploitation and technical security.
- The Technical Councils received 221 applications regarding the connection of business facilities to the electricity network. All these applications were reviewed and responded positively. The applications were received by the Technical Councils operating in 17 "ASAN service", "ASAN Kommunal" centers and Khachmaz SME houses (Small and medium business houses) located in Baku and the regions.