CONSUMER RIGHTS AND CITIZEN REMEDIES
In the first half of the 2022, the Agency received 2,868 applications directly and from the Ministry of Energy regarding the protection of consumers’ rights, the supply of electric and thermal energy, natural gas and other issues.
Out of them:
- 202 out of 2339 applications are for the information about the electricity supply;
- 44 out of 400 applications are for the information about the natural gas supply;
- 5 out of 44 applications are for the information about the heat supply;
- 85 applications were related to other issues.
Out of 2868 applications:
- 2,293 appeals were investigated and answered by the Agency (39 appeals were sent to relevant institutions for consideration and action);
- 30 applications were executed jointly with the Ministry of Energy;
- 292 applications are currently under consideration;
- Out of 253 informative applications, 106 were letters of thanks for solving the problems raised.
ELECTRICITY SUPPLY AND GAS SUPPLY
- Expertise of the energy supply project of 108 construction objects was conducted and registered;
- The registration of the 37 energy supply projects was refused to the deficiency revealed as a result of the expertise of the energy supply project.
- An act of commissioning was issued to electrical installations installed for external electricity supply of 85 construction objects that are new, reconstructed, whose capacity has been increased and the energy supply scheme has been changed;
- Expertise of gas supply project of 1497 construction objects was conducted and registered;
- The registration of 95 gas supply projects was refused due to the deficiency revealed as a result of the expertise of the gas supply project;
- According to 253 agreed projects, the operations of industrial gas facilities, whose construction has been completed, has been allowed.
- With the participation of representatives of "Azerenergy" OJSC and "Azerishiq" OJSC, the technical condition of 36 billing electricity meters was reviewed;
- Cases on 60 administrative offenses under the relevant articles of the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Republic of Azerbaijan within the Agency's competence were considered and relevant decisions were made.
CONTROL MEASURES CARRIED OUT IN BUDGET-FUNDED INSTITUTIONS
- 407 control measures were carried out in order to investigate the technical cooperation of electrical installations, compliance with safety equipment rules and the state of electricity use;
- 307 control measures were carried out in order to investigate the state of efficient use of gas, compliance with the “Rules of Gas Use” and reliable operation of gas facilities, as well as other normative legal acts.
VERIFICATION OF PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
During the reporting period, the agency checked the professional knowledge of 395 electrotechnical staff and persons responsible for electrical facilities in 123 enterprises on the rules of technical operation and safety equipment.
1488 applications were received and implemented regarding the connection of business facilities to the electric network were received and implemented by the Technical Councils operating in 15 "ASAN service", 2 "ASAN Kommunal" centers and 2 SME houses (Small and medium business houses).